Friday, February 5, 2010

Blog Marathon #2 " The Doctor is IN "



I thought I'm still as healthy as I am before. I guess, i was so wrong. Around last week of January, i notice i felt a lot of pains. From headaches, chest pains, painful urination, and  even my sprained ankle years ago keep hurting and i don't why. So i decided to visit my doctor in DLSUMC . But sadly, she wasn't there so i had to go back and check the nearest Hospital.

Dra. Wilma Galope is "IN" :-) I gave my urine sample to their lab for Urinalysis, i waited for few minutes and the result is done. I found out i have UTI (as i suspected). My doctor prescribe Ciprofloxacin 500mg an antibiotic to help wash away the bacteria causing UTI. I also ask if can i have FBS and my Dra. agreed. So after the 6hrs./overnight fasting, took the FBS testing. Good thing the result said i have a normal blood sugar with only 60-80 mg/dl. Thank goodness because all along i thought I'm diabetic because of my weight. However, she said i should manage my eating habits well because i am prone to High Blood! OMG! i really need to diet seriously this time.

Then she also prescribe Metformin500mg because she said it may help to prevent me from having any type of diabetes and also Metmorfin helps restore menstruation cycle since I'm having irregular cycles since college days. She also manage to check my chest pains and my old-sprained ankle and said may naipit lang na veins. also my headache is cause by my eyes naman oh well, that's another story.

Well, so far so good, I'm still healthy i think. Although like what Dra. Galope said, i should take a lot of care with what I'm eating this time because its a start of more serious complications having bad eating habits without exercise.

Tips i learned from her, if i can't help eating, have a fruits like banana and apple, yogurts and peanuts plus lots of lots of H2O with me with matching vitamins once in awhile is good. And the right exercise is not 30mins. not 1hour either but TWO HOURS! put them all together and that will keep doctors away! :-)


~ d Princess Diary page 13 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online